Creating a secret URL where you can log into your WordPress site with a password
When you disable passwords on your WordPress site, you'll be given the option to save an override URL that facilitates password-based access for logging in when you don’t have your phone. To turn on this feature, do the following:
- Go to the Clef settings page in your WordPress dashboard.
- Disable passwords for some or all users.
- When passwords are disabled, the Override Settings section will appear below .
- Type a secret into the Override Key field, and hit Enter. You will then see an Override URL button.
- Drag the override URL button to your bookmarks bar to save it for later.
- If you ever lose your phone and need to log in before you can reactivate on a new device, just go to the Override URL in your bookmarks, and you'll be able to log in with your standard username and password.